Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Thursday, 20 February 2014

Impression Obsession Favorite Technique Challenge


Hello Friends! 

It's time for another Impression Obsession challenge.  This weeks challenge is "Favorite Technique".
 
Play along with us and create something using your "Favorite Technique" and you could win a $25 gift certificate to the IO store store, just simply by playing along! Just go to the IO Blog for the details on how to play.  Check out what the talented IO team have created to inspire you.....


 
IO Blog
Anna Wight








 

 
On to my card.....

I can't really say that I have a favorite technique but I am on a die cut kick! I just can't stop playing with my IO dies.  I do love to color as well, I find it so relaxing, no matter what the medium is.  So today's card incorporates both.

I stamped Budding Rose Stem F9224 3 times with Memento Tuxedo Black and colored them with Copics then hand cut them out. They were adorned with Large Bow DIE063-I and a self adhesive pearl button. Parts of the roses were popped up for some added dimension and adhered over a embossed layer with part of a Square Shaker Frame DIE002-Z  adhered to it. Mother's Day C9270 was stamped with Versafine Onyx Black and embossed with Imagine Crafts Clear Embossing Powder. Under the sentiment panel I added a pretty border with Border Duo 1 Set DIE017-V .
 
 Copics Used~R20-22-2427, G21-24-28

I hope you get a chance to play along in the IO challenge!

Thanks for stopping by and have a fabulous day!
Ellen

  Impression Obsession Products~
Mother's Day C9270
Budding Rose Stem F9224
Square Shaker Frame DIE002-Z
Large Bow DIE063-I
Border Duo 1 Set DIE017-V 

Imagine Crafts/Tsukineko~ Products~ Versafine Onyx Black, Memento Tuxedo Black, Clear Embossing Powder

Other Products~Pearls, Adhesive Pearl Button, Pop Dots, Sizzix Embossing Folder, Copic Markers

20 comments:

  1. wow, your card is gorgeous, those flowers look so real, awesome coloring and design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Becky, you did a fabulous job coloring those roses and leaves. I'm in love with that bow die and must put it on my looooong list of items to purchase. What a pretty button you used with it.

    Have a fabulous day, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect Mother's Day card. Beautifully made. The roses are stunning. well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous design Ellen, love it! The flowers are richly coloured, the bow die cut is fabulous and that is a beautiful piece of bling in the center. I hope you are doing well my talented friend, Hugs, Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card. Love and black accent and the layout just pleases my eye. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautifully colored and designed. Now who wouldn't want to receive a bouquet of roses? super

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is a gorgeous card Ellen.

    gr karin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card and fabulous coloring. Love that big bow die with the large button in the center.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that large bow die! Your card is so elegant and beautiful Ellen! So very pretty.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card! Love the large bow goes well with the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I am loving those roses...fabulous coloring! Beautiful use of the die cuts too...simply divine card my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is stunning Ellen. I love the image, gorgeous colours and wonderful detailing.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a stunning card Ellen, I love your gorgeous Roses and fabulous design.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ohhhh YUM! Beautiful card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely, lovely card ! Those roses are just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  16. El dahling, I am always surprised to see the number of your followers keep going up and up....and why not? Your cards are beautiful. I love the details and how you used that floral die to perfection. I can see why you find coloring to be relaxing ... you're so good at it. Beautiful work as always. Over and out.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am so with you. I love die cutting and coloring right now my fav techniques too. Great card. Love that little bow die cut think I may need that one.

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's so cute!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful and very elegant! Love it

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is so elegant! I would keep this if I were you, unless you give it to your sweetheart! Simply rich and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!