Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Monday, 10 February 2014

Metal Heart Tutorial



Here is how to create this Metal Heart.

1~ Peel the protective blue cover off of a Sheet Metal Square. Die Cut a Spellbinders Classic Heart.



 2~Ink your Heart with StazOn Blazing Red.


3~ Dab On Clear GlazOn with an Ink Blusher and let dry.  This allows you to add another layer of color without the colors muddying.


 4~ Emboss it with your choice of embossing folder.  I used Sizzix Paisley Palooza.



5~ Using An Ink Blusher dab on Jet Black StazOn around the edges.



6~Punch a hole in the center and add a brad. You now have a beautiful handmade embellishment for your card.


Stamp Wish Hope Dream L14122 with Stazon Opaque Cotton White  and assemble your card.

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fantastic day!
Ellen

Supplies~

Imagine Crafts/Tsukineko Products~
Ink Blushers
Sheet Metal 2" Square
StazOn - Blazing Red, Jet Black, Opaque Cotton White
GlazOn Clear

Impression Obsession Stamps~ 
 Wish Hope Dream L14122

Accessories~
Spellbinders-A2 Filigree Delight-Classic Heart, Seam Binding, Pop Dots, Doodlebugs Beetle Black Jewels, Recollections Brad and Rhinestone Flourish, Sizzix Paisley Palooza Embossing Folder, Cropadile

17 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card!! I'll have to remember this tutorial as I would love to try this. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ellen, that heart is gorgeous.....and so is this awesome card. So beautiful.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card! Love the metal heart. Thanks for the tutorial :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Красота!!!! Сердце покорило, спасибо за учебник, обязательно попробую!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is gorgeous Ellen.

    gr karin

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful Ellen! thanks for sharing how!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing how to make the metal heart.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is stunning Ellen. The metal heart looks amazing, I love the way you have embossed it and the colours are gorgeous too.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. El darhling, what an elegant and detailed card. Wow, to be able to create an embellishment that looks this great is quite the feat! You sure know how to work those dies too. Gorgeous. Over and out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous heart and the colours used are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a fabulous card Ellen, your metal heart is gorgeous, thank you for the brilliant tutorial.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautifully designed! I love that heart...thanks so much for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the wonderful tutorial, Ellen...your heart is gorgeous and I love the black frame you used...sooo elegant!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome project, Ellen! I didn't even realize we could cut thin metal in this way ... much less add color layers! Great tutorial indeed, clever lady!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this card! Your metal heart turned out wonderfully! I love the color and embossing. What a wonderful focal point. I love how the brad matches the gems too. Awesome job! Thanks for sharing.

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh this is so beautiful, I'm going to have to try out that jewel technique.

    ReplyDelete
  17. A really beautiful card and what a great technique!! TFS, Ellen~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!