Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Saturday, 8 February 2014

Mother of Pearl Heart Tutorial

 
Hello Friends!

Hearts aren't just for Valentine's Day. Any day is great for telling someone you love them. So here is a little tutorial to show you how to create a Mother of Pearl Heart .....

1~Spray a cream colored piece of card stock with Tsukineko Cherry Blossom Antiquing Solution.  Let dry.

 2~Using an Ink Blusher pounce on 72 Frost White All-Purpose Ink randomly.  Pouncing some spots heavier than others.  Let Dry.



3~Stamp Impression Obsession's Victorian Heart D8654 with Memento Luxe Tuxedo Black.



4~Heat emboss with Imagine Crafts Clear Embossing Powder.



5~Color parts of the image with Memento Markers. 


6~Wipe over the image with paper towel to remove excess ink.  A lot will come off because of the resist of the embossing and the All-Purpose Ink.  This is good since we are going for a aged look.


7~Stamp Versamark directly on the image, covering the entire image. Heat Emboss it with Imagine Craft Clear Embossing Powder.



8~ Cut out your embossed image.



9~Ink the edges of a dry embossed cream colored piece of card stock with a Jumbo Dauber using Memento Angel Pink and Rose Bud Ink.  




10~ Do the same as step #9 with a 2 1/2" by 2 1/2" piece of  cream card stock. 




11~I wanted my ribbon to match!  I used a Jumbo Dauber and sponged direct to the ribbon with Memento Rose Bud Ink.


12~ Assemble your card. I added some lace, ribbons, adhesive pearls and a couple of Maya Road Heart Pins.

Thanks For stopping by and have a fabulous day!
Ellen

Impression Obsession Stamps~Victorian Heart D8654

Imagine Crafts/Tsukineko Products Used~
Memento Inks-Angel Pink-Rose Bud
Memento Luxe Tuxedo Black
Cherry Blossom Walnut Ink
Imagine Crafts Clear Embossing Powder
Jumbo Dauber
72 Frost White All-Purpose Ink
Versamark
Ink Blushers
Memento Markers- Rose Red, Bamboo Leaves, Desert Sand

Other Products Used~ Maya Road Pins, American Crafts Velvet Ribbon, Lace, Celebrate It Ribbon, Pop Dots,  Sizzix Embossing Folders, Self Adhesive Pearls

9 comments:

  1. This is a gorgeous card Ellen and brilliant tutorial.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ellen, you've given us a nice tutorial and your card is beautiful. I do enjoy the sprays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card and I love the soft colors. Thanks for sharing how you made it too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a beautiful card! Thanks, for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful card Ellen. Your heart looks stunning, thank you for sharing your tutorial.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMGosh, it's gorgeous, Ellen, and thanks for the how you did it too! A really wonderful tutorial! That ribbon with lace and the pearls make your image all the lovelier!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Ellen you have made sweet beautiful and gorgeous cards.

    gr karin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Красивая открытка и большое спасибо за учебник!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah, El dahling, what a beauty you have here! Of course, you have to know those are way too many steps for me to follow! did u learn this at CHA?
    Thaks for the great tutorial too. Hugs and Love. Over and out.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!