Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Tuesday, 25 March 2014

Impression Obsession Spring Die Hop~Day One




Welcome to Day 1 of the Impression Obsession 2014 Spring Die Hop!
We have some beautiful new dies share AND Gift Certificates to give away each day!!!
The hop will start each day with a list of participants on the Impression Obsession Blog at 6am EST. Each day pay us a visit here and then head over and see our fabulous IO Design Team’s projects with our new dies on their blogs (only one comment per blog per day please). The more blogs you visit each day… the better chance you will have to win a $25 Impression Obsession Gift Certificate!!!
Every day (Tuesday, March 25th – Thursday, March 27th) one of the blogs will be chosen randomly and a winner will be selected from comments on that blog at 10pm CT. The winner will be announced the following day along with the participating blogs for that day.
Two prizes will be awarded on the last day of the hop. One will be for Thursday’s comments and another will be chosen from all the comments left throughout the week.
So….if you miss a day or time deadline your comments will still count for a chance to win a $25 Impression Obsession Gift Certificate!
Both Thursday winners will be announced on the IO Blog on Friday.
If you have any questions please email Jeanne.
All of the new dies you'll be seeing on the hop are available NOW!

On to my projects....
I picked up this clock with a clear glass front at the dollar store in anticipation of new dies to play with, so I created a clock for a new baby's room and an easel card to go with it.  I love dies for creating 3d projects and gift giving.  This gift set is obviously for baby Alex.

 
The clock was super easy to do....

~  I took the front and hands off the clock, traced the clock circle on blue card stock and hand cut it out. I sponged here and there with Memento Summer Sky.
I cut the  Sun  out with yellow paper and sponged the edges with Memento Dandelion ink.
~Added some  Clouds  and the name Alex with Alphabet Plain LC DIE157-E .
~ Die cut the Stork and color the legs and beak with Memento Cantaloupe Marker.  
~Sponge the bottom area with Memento Bamboo Leaves and  adhere some Grass  over top.
~ Die cut some Tiny Flowers and cup the using a sponge pad and a stylus.  Adhere to grass.
~Add some glitter glue to flower centers, clouds, baby bag, and sun.
~Reassemble clock.
Easel Card....

~Create and Easel Card  base. 
~Cut a Square Shaker Frame in blue and sponge edges with Memento Summer Sky. Mount Square Shaker Frame over blue card stock and adhere to brown card stock.  
~Die cut the words "sweet baby" with Alphabet Plain LC and adhere to inside of frame.
~Die cut Stork
and color the legs and beak with a Memento Cantaloupe Marker.  Sponge the edges of the baby bag with Memento Rich Cocoa.  Use a stylus and foam pad to create dimension on the stork's head, body and baby pad. Pop up with pop dots.
~Adhere  Moon and Stars and apply glitter glue. Adhere a small gingham bow in the bottom corner.
 ~Create a ledge with Border Duo 2 Die Set DIE018-V , brown card stock and Fence Border Die DIE028-J.  Embellish with Buttons DIE067-C and bakers twine.
~Assemble card.

Thanks for stopping by and good luck in the draw!!
Ellen


 Supplies~
 Impression Obession Products~

Imagine Crafts/Tsukineko Products~
Memento Inks: Dandelion, Cantaloupe, Rich Cocoa, Summer Sky

Other Products~
Mini Glue Pen, Pop Dots, Baker Twine, Glitter Glue, Gingham Ribbon
 

80 comments:

  1. Gorgeous gift idea! Loving that shaker frame die. What a difference a color change makes from pink to blue! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG that is just too cute. What a great idea using a clock with the dies inset, looks perfect for a wall. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow wow wow......LOVE the clock and the card...so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! What a gorgeous and precious clock and card!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, I love that clock, its really a good idea for a gift! The card is sweet too

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea, Fabulous clock!
    Precious card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! How cute is that??!!! I love that clock! and the matching card too! What a great shower gift idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great clock update, very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The clock! WOW! What a great idea. It turned out so cute! Your card is very pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness, you are so fabulous with 3D projects. I just love this idea for a baby's room. You made the cutest scene for the face of the clock and I love your easel card. What a joy it will be for the recipient to find this in the mail..or hand delivered, whichever. You are most creative, Ellen.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absoulutely LOVE the clock idea. Now I have to go see if I can find one. If I do I will probably make something for my grandson's bedroom. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great projects today! Love both of them and love the little stork die too,

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW! I love your clock and matching card to go with it. Your designs are wonderful and your attention to detail is so inspiring.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderful gift. Now that's very clever! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW.. What an awesome clock.. Wonderful design.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, there's that adorable little stork again! How cute is this! I love that you used so many IO products on these 2 projects! I am very taken by the clock!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! What an awesome project...very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my goodness this is creative and fun and a fabulous gift for a new baby!

    ReplyDelete
  19. A stork scene! Very cute idea!
    kReN

    ReplyDelete
  20. I never thought of using die cuts to use on a clock...what a great idea! How cute to have a matching gift and card.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wonderfully creative idea...a perfect baby gift to treasure forever!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. this is very beautiful Ellen great design.

    gr karin

    ReplyDelete
  23. Absolutely adorable! I love the cute clock and your easel card! What a sweet gift this would make!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a wonderful but simple gift! And your easel card is perfect to accompany it.

    ReplyDelete
  25. The clock is amazing and the easel card to go with it. These would be forever keepsakes! Thank you for the creative inspiration, I think I see a clock in my future.
    Jacquelene L
    Canada

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a great gift idea! Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  27. what a clever idea, with the clock. A great keepsake, and possibly you could add an in cert that you place on top of the center when the occasion arises like birthday's an then don't glue it in the center, and moving clock...love you idea.

    ReplyDelete
  28. So darn cute! Love the clock, such a great present.

    ReplyDelete
  29. The clock is so cute. Very creative! Love that Stork card too, beautiful design!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Sweet card and the clock is so cute. Gorgeous keepsake. hugs, Helena

    ReplyDelete
  31. Super, super cute. Love the clock.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh WOW, that clock is too cute! What a great gift set for a mother-to-be!

    ReplyDelete
  33. This is fabulous clock and matching card Ellen, such a clever idea and wonderful design.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  34. What a fun clock! That will be a hit for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  35. what a fun card, I am currently working on a easel card right now, how cute.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Creativity galore here! Love the clock and how you were able to use the new sweet stork die set. Cute, cute, cute!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Cute as can be! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Such creativity! Such an inspiration! (I only wish I knew someone who's having a baby!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Great inspirational work, love it

    ReplyDelete
  40. Two beautiful projects! I love the easel card!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Love these baby cards, very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  42. So adorable, Ellen!!! What a keepsake too and then the clock!!! Wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  43. What a neat idea for a babies room! I love the clock that you made, really just wonderful! And the card is so cute too, I love the little stars and moon. Great ideas! Thanks for sharing.

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Wow, you really outdid yourself with your project. I absolutely LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  45. What a great idea for the nursery. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Thanks for sharing! Love the clock idea and your card is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  47. I love the idea of creating a clock to match the card! So sweet and so very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  48. What a unique idea. I would never have thought of making a clock with paper! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Love the clock. Would be such a nice shower gift or to take when the baby comes home. A nice reminder of the person who thought enough of the family to make such a pretty item. The easel card is great. It can stand on the dresser as a reminder of a crafty friend also.

    ReplyDelete
  50. What fantastic projects. The clock is is just wonderful. Thanks for the great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  51. What a cute clock!!! And an easel card to match. They are both so sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  52. LOVE the clock! What a fabulous idea. I'm not into home decor projects, but this one is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  53. Great project and card! Love that stork!!!

    ReplyDelete
  54. Oh my goodness that clock is precious! What a great baby gift it would make! Your easel card is darling too. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  55. Oh my, this clock is So fun and so cute! Love this creative way to use the die!

    ReplyDelete
  56. Aww, so sweet. Love the dies!

    ReplyDelete
  57. Such a creative use of this fun die!!!

    ReplyDelete
  58. Such a cute clock and card - love the stork.
    isoscia at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  59. Such an ingenious idea to redo this clock, it's adorable. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  60. What an awesome clock and matching card.

    ReplyDelete
  61. Great clock and matching card great idea

    ReplyDelete
  62. Super idea to create a clock and love how you did it and also the pretty card you made to go with it !!!

    ReplyDelete
  63. Oh my what a wonderful personalized gift you have made, I am sure the parents are thrilled with their new addition to the babies room, and how great to do a matching easel card they can display!!

    ReplyDelete
  64. Ellen, this is a really lovely idea for baby. I think we will all be using it in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  65. What a cute idea for a baby gift. This will be a one of a kind gift.

    ReplyDelete
  66. Fabulous baby gift and project!

    ReplyDelete
  67. Clever ideas for the gift set for Alex.....wonderful use of the dies too!!!!
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  68. What a great personalized gift! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  69. Love that clock!! What a super idea!
    Your card is super too but I'm blown away by that clock!

    ReplyDelete
  70. Ahhhh! Over the top cute!!! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  71. Oh Ellen you are such an inspiration! I missed Day 1 of the hop so decided to back track and I'm so glad I did! These are AMAZING! LOVE the clock ... what a special gift idea! Thanks for fabulous inspiration! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  72. The clock is a great gift idea. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  73. I love that little easel card. It is so sweet! You gals really come up with the greatest baby card ideas! TFS! kReN

    ReplyDelete
  74. I love ALL that you create! I follow you by joining your blog via google and I signed up for your emails and I am a PCR sistah! see you soon

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!