Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Thursday, 6 March 2014

Impression Obsession~In My Garden Challenge



 Hello Friends!

It's time for another Impression Obsession challenge.  This weeks challenge is "In My Garden".
 
Play along with us and create something inspired by  "In My Garden" and you could win a $25 gift certificate to the IO store store, just simply by playing along! Just go to the IO Blog for the details on how to play.  Check out what the talented IO team have created to inspire you.....

 IO Blog


Anna Wight
















On to my project.....
 With all of these new fabulous new IO Dies sitting on my desk and Easter just around the corner, I couldn't resist making an Easter decoration.  What comes to mind when I think of my garden is wee little wild bunnies running around, the birds singing and out the office window of my craft room is hollyhocks growing up against the fence.  So there is my inspiration.

 I started with an unfinished wooden bird house from the Dollar Store and colored it with Faber Castelle Gelatos.  I had no idea Gelatos were that easy!  All I did was scribble the Gelatos on and go over it with a water brush.....easy peasy!


 Hollyhocks DIE169-R~ Die cut in white and colored with Lulu Lavender, Grape Jelly and Cottage    Ivy Memento Markers. Added some dimension with my stylus.
 Lg. Fence DIE149-U ~ Sponged with Memento Rich Cocoa.
 Grass Border DIE060-I ~ Sponged with Memento Cottage Ivy
 Rabbit Set DIE168-C~ Sponged with Memento Toffee Crunch 
 Bird On A Branch DIE161-N~Cut in brown card stock and adhered to the house. Then green to use just the leaves and sponge with Memento Bamboo Leaves, Then white for the bird and color with London Fog and Tuxedo Black and a white gel pen for the eye. I sponged some Toffee Crunch on the belly.  To create a wing I used the heart from the Heart Flourish DIE126-U and  cut it in half and popped it up.



Hope you get a chance to play along! Thanks for stopping by and have a fantastic day!
Ellen


Impression Obsession Products~
 Heart Flourish DIE126-U
 Bird On A Branch DIE161-N
 Rabbit Set DIE168-C
 Grass Border DIE060-I ~
  Lg. Fence DIE149-U
 Hollyhocks DIE169-R

Imagine Crafts/Tsukineko Products

Memento Inks~Memento Lulu Lavender, Grape Jelly, Toffee Crunch, Bamboo Leaves, Rich Cocoa, Tuxedo Black, London Fog, Gray Flannel, Cottage Ivy; Sponge Daubers

Other Products~ Faber Castelle Gelatos, Water Brush. Bird house




17 comments:

  1. What a sweet little birdhouse! I wish I'd have gotten one last week when they were in the bin outside the craft store. Thanks for this pretty bit of spring. Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful cheery Spring birdhouse & design. It's going to be a while before Spring arrives here, but the sunshine is getting warmer :) I hope you are doing well, take care, Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've created a wonderful project, Ellen. I love birdhouses. You colored yours perfectly with the Gelatos. I have to give those things a try. Love your fence, branch, and all the fabulous products you used. Wonderful project!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is wonderful Ellen. I love all your beautiful detailing with those cute little bunnies and gorgeous bird on the branch.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eileen L.....
    What a cute little Birdhouse, bunnies and flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just as cute as can be! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. clever idea with the bird house and bunnies. and well done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is brilliant Ellen, I love your beautifully decorated bird house with the adorable little bunnies and other fabulous details.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Spring just sprung with this cute and pretty little birdhouse! Love the tiny rabbits too.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very sweet. Love the holly hocks & the pretty bird on the limb. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really pretty spring/Easter birdhouse project! Love the new hollyhocks die and thanks for showing us what you can do with the new bird die as well (I love how your birdie turned out!)! Great job!! :) Thanks for sharing.

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, in "my" garden, I would love finding a birdy treasure as cute as this! Just over-the-top Springalicious!!

    Hoping it brings some Spring along with it! ;)
    ~Bev

    ReplyDelete
  13. So sweet! Love all the details and the fence looks so good with the embossed design.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is just such a cute spring decoration! Love the look of the Gelatos on the wood and the fab scene you've created on the bird house. Just adorable! Bring on spring!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW!! This is such an amazing project Ellen!! I love seeing that Spring is coming soon and your gorgeous project reminds of it! :) I also wanted to let you know that I had received my stamp and I just laughed out loud when I opened it up!! :) Thanks so much!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  16. we love bird houses and I love this bird house! can't wait to try it and share with friends! thanks for posting

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!