Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Friday, 4 April 2014

Radiant Neon Blog Hop

BlogHop_badge





Welcome to the CardMaker and Imagine Crafts Radiant Neon Blog Hop!!  Imagine Crafts will be giving away a full set of Radiant Neon Inks to one lucky person, and yes, this is an international contest!!  


Today's hop starts at CardMaker Blog, then go in order to the next blog to collect the "Electric Words" to build a phrase.  Then email the phrase to marketing@imaginecrafts.com.  You can find all the rules on the Imagine Crafts Blog.

Here is a quick and simple card featuring Radiant Neon Inks...


1.  Stamp Impression Obsession's  Floral Silhouette D9163 with Versafine Ony Black.  Color image with Fantastix using a flicking motion, starting with the lightest to darkest colors.  Here I used Radiant Neon  Electric Yellow then Electric Green for the leaves and stems and for the blossoms I started with with Radiant Neon Electric Blue and finished with Radiant Neon Purple. 


2. Cut Image out and spray with Goosebumps Shimmer Spray for added texture.



3. Wrap linen thread around image.  Create a tag with Impression Obsession's Mini Rectangle Tag 2 Die Set DIE014-J and stamp Hello A9049 with Versafine Onyx Black.  Wrap linen thread around image and tie tag to it. 

 4.  Pop image up over a 3-7/8" x 1-6/8" black mat.  Attach to a 4" x 1-7/8" white mat.

5. Die cut  Fancy Cutout Border DIE152-N and cut to 3-3/4" wide and attach to a 3-3/4" x 5" panel that has been embossed with Sizzix X and O Embossing Folder.  Adhere to 4" x 5-1/4" black mat.

6. Attach to a white 5-1/2" x 4-1/4" card base.

 Don't forget to start at Cardmaker blog at the top of the hop list so you get all the "Electric Words" in the correct order and the rules are posted on the Imagine Crafts Blog.  Now off you go to collect your electric words and be inspired!!

My Electric Words Are .......
in seven
If you came from Kristie Hartfiel's blog, you are in the right place. Next on the hop is  Taylor Ursy.  In case you get lost along the way here is the hop list....

CardMaker Magazine

Sylvia Blum   

Naghma Husain

Jeanne Streiff

Maureen Cronin   

Allie Gower

Isha Gupta  

Kathy Martin  

Emily Lanham  

Linda Lucas    

Sharon Morrison  

Kristie Hartfeil  

Ellen Taylor  

Taylor Usry  

Penny Ward  

Kristine Reynolds   

Cathy Andronicou  

Baerbel Born   

Savannah O'Gwynn   

Sabrina Alery  

Kazuko Kocho   

Nancy Hawes   

Vera Yates   

Debbie Gaetz   

John Petersen  

Imagine Crafts
Thanks for stopping by and have a fabulous day!!
Ellen

29 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and wonderful instructions Ellen. Ty

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Ellen, such a beautiful design and the colours look wonderful.
    Thank you for your clear instructions.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love thus card Ellen. You do wonderful work, very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ellen can I just tell you how awesome this card is!?! I absolutely love the watercolor effect of the flowers on this card – I just wish mine turned out that good =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card and tutorial! Love how the blue and purple are pop off the black background! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ellen, this is stunning. I love that stamp and think I want it to use as a faux pressed paper design. Yours is just so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! Thanks for being a part of the hop!

    ReplyDelete
  8. like your way of colouring the flowers and leaves with the neons.. great job. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ellen this is so pretty the blue flowers really pop against the black background

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the way you've used the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card, awesome colors, and super job, as always.
    Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a pretty card! I just love those gorgeous neon colors set against the black background!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think the Angels are singing in Heaven!! Your card is so gorgeous!! Love how you used the Radiant Neons to color the flowers! Absolutely stunning! Great tutorial also!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card. Love the flowers and how you used them on a black background.

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW Ellen, this is stunning! LOVE LOVE LOVE the focal point on your card! Thanks for sharing the how-to's!!!
    Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely STUNNING...Love how you "painted" the flowers with neon. Will be giving that one a try. Thanks for the inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, this looks amazing! Love the bold colors of the flowers against the black. This definitely makes me want to get some of that ink.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the flowers, Ellen--so pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! Beautiful!!! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. These neon inks are AWESOME! Pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  21. OMG Ellen! This is an awesome technique and I cannot wait to try it. I use the Fantastix quite often but never used the 'flick' motion. Love everything about this card and all of the details.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful design Ellen, the flower is gorgeous. I hope you are doing well, Hugs, Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful card and coloring. Love the effect of Neons with Silhouette image. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  24. Loving the techniques and I do love the Fantastix too!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm late to the party but I just wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed your technique for creating bold, brilliant blooms. BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ellen, your card is amazing !!!! Just lov how it pops on the black background .

    ReplyDelete
  27. Absolutely stunning design! Love how that gorgeous bloom just pops!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Очень изысканно!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!