Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Thursday, 5 June 2014

IO Masculine Challenge~Mortar Board Box and Card




Hello Friends!

 It's time for another Impression Obsession challenge.  This weeks challenge is "Masculine".
 
Play along with us and create something "inspired by anything remotely masculine" and you could win a $25 gift certificate to the IO store store, just simply by playing along! Just go to the IO Blog for the details on how to play.  Check out what the talented IO team have created to inspire you.....

 IO Blog




Ellen Taylor ~You are here





Vicki Garrett 
  

My blog is on auto pilot while I try and recover from My back surgery.  However, I did create this graduation card and box for the May/14 Pampered Crafters Retreat ladies to make. Such quick and easy projects!
 
This is a 3 1/8" box base with a 4 1/4" mortar board lid.  The tassels were created out of embroidery thread and topped with a Mark Richards Black Candi.  "Graduation" was stamped with Tsukineko's Versamark and embossed with Imagine Crafts Gold Embossing Powder. The sentiment is from the Zenspirations- On your Birthday Set CL5313.  If you want me to do a tutorial on the mortar board box, shoot me an email and when I am up and mobile again I will whip one up.

This 4-1/4" x4-1/4" card was stamped and embossed with this fabulous quote by Ghandi  called Change The World C5313.

I hope these have inspired you to create something masculine and play along!

Thanks for stopping by and have a fantastic day!!
Ellen 

Supplies~
Impression Obsession Products~
 Zenspirations On Your Birthday CL528
 Change The World C5313.

Imagine Crafts/ Tsukineko Products~
Versamark, Gold Embossing Powder

Other Products~
Pop dots, Mark Richards Candi







11 comments:

  1. Fabulous way to present a graduate with a gift and a keepsake. Wishing you a speedy recovery from your surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. El dahling, how amazing you are: to be able to plan and create projects ahead of time is simply wonderful. you be da woman, that's for sure. I love your graduation gift. Hope all is going well according to your doctor. Rest and appreciate the time having to be in a prone position for a few weeks. Nothing is more important than fully recovering! Over and out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great project! Prayers for a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ellen, what a fabulous project! I sure hope you're making a good recovery. I've been away from my blog for a few weeks and just returned today. I've been thinking about you and wondering how you are doing. Hang in there! Things will surely be better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, both projects are fabulous. Yikes, surgery - hope you have a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous graduation project, Ellen...love how you added the gold embossed sentiment and the little tassel....the perfect gift for that special graduate!!! Hope your recovery is going well and you will be up and on the go in no time!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wonderful box, very unique

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cute. I have made grad. cards before but the box is interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a great idea. Great gift ideas as well. I really like it

    ReplyDelete
  10. How appropriate the quote is for this project. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!