Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Thursday, 21 August 2014

The Gift of Friendship~Impression Obsession Challenge

 Hello Friends!!

 It's time for another Impression Obsession challenge.  This weeks challenge is "The Gift of Friendship".
 
Play along with us and create something inspired by "Friendship" and you could win a $25 gift certificate to the IO store store, just simply by playing along! Just go to the IO Blog for the details on how to play.  Check out what the talented IO team have created to inspire you.....

 IO Blog




Ellen Taylor ~You are here





Vicki Garrett 

Coffee and friendship go hand and hand!  My friends are almost always my muses.  I have the bestest friends evah, and boy do I drink a lot of coffee and watch my flowers grow with them!  Actually this year they planted and weeded my flower beds all summer while I recovered from my surgery. Lucky me!!  See, I do have the most amazing friends!!  So that is my inspiration for today's card.

Here is the how to....

Stamp one of the sentiments from the More Basic Greetings Set CL549 with Versafine Vintage Sepia.  I stamped mine onto one of the circles from the Circle Shaker Frame Die DIE001-Z and embossed it with Imagine Crafts Clear Embossing Powder.  Adhere it to the top left corner and cut the edges off.


Stamp Pretty Primrose D9350 with Memento Tuxedo Black twice. Once on the white mat and once on scrap white card stock.

Color the petals and stems with Copic Markers BG45-BG49-BG72 and G21-G24 and G28. Cut the second flowers  out and set aside.  On the white base, create a shadow at the base of the cup with Copic markers C00-C0-C1 to ground it.

Stamp  Coffee Words E13237 with Versafine Toffee twice.  Once over the stems of the flowers on the white mat and once on scrap white card stock.  Emboss them with Imagine Crafts Clear Embossing powder.  Cut the second one out, leaving the handle off. Set aside.

Adhere the flowers over the stamped ones on the white mat.  I popped the blossoms up with pop dots.

Adhere the cut out cup over the cup on the white mat.  I used pop dots in the center and score tape around the sides and the bottom to give it lots of dimension.

 Mat your white card front to light and dark brown mats.

 Die cut Border Duo 3 DIE019-V in turquoise card stock and sponge the edges with Memento Teal Zeal.  While your at it sponge a 5 1/4 x 5 1/4 card base and sponge it too.

Adhere the border to the right side and embellish card with brown satin ribbon, rhinestones and a bit of lace to the edge of the cup.  


Adhere to your card base.



Done like dinner!

I hope you get a chance to play along with us!  Thanks for stopping by and have a most fantastic day!!

Ellen

Impression Obsession Products Used~

Stamps~
 More Basic Greetings Set CL549
 Pretty Primrose D9350
 Coffee Words E13237

Dies~
  Circle Shaker Frame Die DIE001-Z
  Border Duo 3 DIE019-V

 Imagine Crafts / Tsukineko Products Used~
Memento: Teal Zeal, Tuxedo Black
Versafine: Vintage Sepia, Toffee
Sponge Daubers
Clear Embossing Powder

Copic Markers~BG45-BG49-BG72, G21-G24-G28, C00-C0-C1

Other Products Used~
Scor-tape, Brown Satin Ribbon, Lace, Rhinestones, Pop Dots



 



7 comments:

  1. Now, those are really good friends to care for your garden this summer. I love your card with the awesome coffee cup and those popped blossoms. Beautiful! Hope your recovery is coming along really well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty, love the design and the flower is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. coffee and flowers , two things friends give to each other with caring friendship. love your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great idea Ellen it's gorgeous.
    Gr Karin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! Great colors and the dimension on the flowers and cup is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Чудесная и очень оригинальная открытка!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Ellen, I hope you are doing well. Love your design, beautiful ! I've been MIA while we were moving. Still don't have a craft room or gardens set up yet. Hugs, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!