Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Thursday, 4 September 2014

Beautiful Backgrounds~ Impression Obsession Challenge.

 Hello Friends!!

 It's time for another Impression Obsession challenge.  This weeks challenge is "Beautiful Backgrounds".
 
Play along with us and create something inspired by "Beautiful Backgrounds" and you could win a $25 gift certificate to the IO store store, just simply by playing along! Just go to the IO Blog for the details on how to play.  Check out what the talented IO team have created to inspire you.....

 IO Blog




Ellen Taylor ~You are here






I love to make my own fancy paper by just using background stamps!  My card is super simple to recreate! Here is how it was made.....

~Stamp Time Worn Roses L9372 with Tsukineko Versafine Vintage Sepia  ink on Cream colored card stock and emboss it with Imagine Crafts Clear Embossing Powder.

~Color the leaves and roses with Memento Markers.
I used Green Sprout and Angel Pink.

~ Sponge the edges and around the flowers with Desert Sand Memento Ink. Then Sponge the edges with Versafine Vintage Sepia

~ Attach image to a brown mat that is 1/8th of an inch larger.

~Adhere a Pearl flourish and a strip of lace to the image.

~ Pleat some pink satin ribbon and add 2 pins and a pearl.

~Die Cut one of the tags from the Mini Rectangle Tags 1 DIE Set DIE013-J.

~Stamp one of the many sentiments from the More Basic Greetings Set CL549 on the tag with Versafine Vintage Sepia and sponge with Memento Desert Sand and Vintage Sepia.

~Pierce a hole and add a Burlap string bow to the tag and pop it up with pop dots.

~Attach card front to a 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" pink card base. Voila ....you are done.
Super easy and pretty quick card.


 
Thanks for stopping by and have a fantastic day!!
Ellen
Supplies~

Impression Obsession Products Used:
 More Basic Greetings Set CL549
 Mini Rectangle Tags 1 DIE Set DIE013-J
 Time Worn Roses L9372

Image Crafts / Tsukineko Products Used:
 Versafine: Vintage Sepia
  Memento Ink: Desert Sand
 Memento Markers:Angel Pink, Green Sprout
 Imagine Crafts Clear Embossing Powder
 Jumbo Daubers 

Other Products Used:
Zva Creations Pearl Flourish, Pearl, Pink Satin Ribbon, Lace, Maya Road Pins, Pop Dots, Burlap String

10 comments:

  1. Your card is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a gorgeous card with a wonderful background. Love your pleated ribbon and stick pins to finish it off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous and I love the vintage feel. Your background looks like patterned paper, but better. I bet it's even prettier in person.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful and elegant looking! I really thought that was background paper. Just gorgeous.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vintage beauty! Love your wonderful background!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She's back. The girl is back. I'm so happy to see your beautiful card, Ms. El. dahling. Beautiful bkgd and some fancy ribbon, there girlfriend. I thought about you yesterday and Tuesday, b ut didn't call. I do have to work for a living unlike others. Over and out. Hugs and love.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card. The ribbon and lace add a lovely touch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The perfect background for a lovely vintage card! With just the right touches of embellishment, I might add.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!