Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Monday, 29 September 2014

Impression Obsession Fall Designer Die Hop Day~1

pic 

Welcome to the Impression Obsession Fall Designer Die Hop!
We have some beautiful new dies to share AND Gift Certificates to give away!
 The hop will start each day with a list of participants on the Impression Obsession Blog at 6am EST. Each day stop by Impression Obsession  and then head over and see our fabulous IO Design Team’s projects with our new dies on our blogs (only one comment per blog per day please).
The more blogs you visit each day… the better chance you will have to win a $25 Impression Obsession Gift Certificate!!!
Every day (Monday, September 29th – Wednesday, October 1st) one of the blogs will be chosen randomly and a winner will be selected from comments on that blog at 10pm CT. The winner will be announced the following day along with the participating blogs for that day.
Two prizes will be awarded on the last day of the hop. One will be for Wednesday’s comments and another will be chosen from all the comments left throughout the week.
So….if you miss a day or time deadline your comments will still count for a chance to win a $25 Impression Obsession Gift Certificate!
Both Wednesday winners will be announced on the IO Blog on Friday.
If you have any questions please email Jeanne.
All of the new dies you'll be seeing on the hop are available NOW!


 On to my cards.....

The light purple paper was sponged with Memento Grape Jelly, Elderberry and Tuxedo Black.  The moon started with yellow paper and was sponged with Memento Tangelo.  I added branches from the Wide Tree DIE219-P and added these super cute Trick or Treaters DIE231-O and the Sm. Grass Border DIE096-D.  Boo A14150 was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black but I stamped it on scrap paper first so I would get a lighter shade. 


These Trick or Treaters DIE231-O are pretty versatile!!  I die cut the fairy out in white and  simply cut her treat bag off and added some glitter glue to her wings and tutu.   The castle is from the Mini Beach Fun Set DIE182-K. and I cut it down a bit to fit under Pixie Dust C14266.  The white panels edges were sponged with Memento Angel Pink.  The star on her wand was embossed with Imagine Crafts Silver Embossing Powder and teeny tiny rhinestones added for the magic from the wand.



Impression Obsession Dies Used~
Trick or Treaters DIE231-O
Wide Tree DIE219-P
Sm. Grass Border DIE096-D
Mini Beach Fun Set DIE182-K.

Impression Obsession Stamps Used~
Boo A14150
Pixie Dust C14266

Imagine Crafts/Tsukineko Products Used~
Memento Inks: Grape Jelly, Elderberry, Tangelo, Tuxedo Black, Angel Pink, Silver Embossing Powder ,Versamarker Pen, Jumbo Daubers.
Other Products Used~
Pop Dots, Recollections Iridescent Rhinestones,  Sizzix and Cuttlebug Embossing Folders, Dollar Store Sparkle Ribbon, RRR Orange Satin Ribbon, Circle Punch, Glue Pen.



 




74 comments:

  1. I know you've been back for awhile, but it's still a JOY to come here and see your beautiful work again!!! The moon on the trick or treat card just mesmerized me! What a simple yet BRILLIANT idea!! And the fairy? Sigh. No daughters, but by gosh I'm buying that sucker anyway!!! Beautiful work, as always, Ellen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The trick or treaters are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those sweet little silhouettes ... fun cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG!! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE both of your cards ... and every single item has been added to my ever-growing wish list!! What WONDERFUL inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your take on these. Both cards are so sweet. The new dies are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow....love your designs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fabulous cards! Love the that first one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both of these are adorable. Love that huge moon in the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute! I particularly like the trick or treaters silhouette against the moon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these dies, how fabulous are your cards?

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG, I so love both of your cards. Thank goodness I already have these have to have dies to re create these darling cards. I keep saying IO has the cutest dies ever. Wonderful designs.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sweet cards! Love these new dies!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both cards are verey lovely and cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous artwork Ellen! I love these T&T dies! What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the cards! great job!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Silhouettes are my favorite!! Reminds me of my younger days of trick or treating. I also love your daughter's B-day card, what a nice mommy, I'm sure she loved the card and the visit. Thanks for sharing and the chance to win.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fairy Dust. Who doesn't need some?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your creativity in using the two IO dies in different ways!

    ReplyDelete
  19. love them both but the trick or treaters actually took my breath away!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Two very cool cards...love those dies!

    ReplyDelete
  21. these are beautiful My favorite is that with the yellow sun.
    Gr Karin

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful. Love the silhouette effect.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Cute card, love your color choices ,

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the big moon and silhouette idea. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Both cards are so cute! Clever use of the fairy trick or treater.

    ReplyDelete
  26. A great job on your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  27. The little trick-or-treaters are ADORABLE!! I just recently found IO Dies and I LOVE LOVE LOVE them!!!!! Karen-Michigan

    ReplyDelete
  28. The full moon is the perfect background for the cute trick or treaters.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh my goodness, Ellen, I absolutely LOVE your cards! They are just adorable! I can tell this is going to be a break the bank hop! I want everything!! YIKES! Thanks for the great inspiration and super great ideas!! Joleen

    ReplyDelete
  30. beautiful, love the card made as silhouettes and beautiful work turning her into a fairy.

    ReplyDelete
  31. How cute are these silhouettes?!!! Your first card is just fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Fantastic inking on that first card, I love the silhouettes!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Both cards are so cute!! LOVE the youngster in the big round pumpkin costume!!!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. Lovely cards!! I wish I could afford every single die in this new release!! They are fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Both cards are delightful. I especially like the Halloween card. The sillhouettes of the trick o treaters look great against that big harvest moon. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Oh my! Your cards are absolutely amazing! The sponged night sky and moon, paired with the silhouette trick or treaters in the first is so eye-catching, The fairy in the second...I have a four year old niece who would be ecstatic to receive a card featuring fairies! Fabulous inspiration!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  37. Beautiful coloring on your card and sweet silhouette of the kiddies!

    ReplyDelete
  38. The Moon is beautiful on your first card, great shading.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Sweet cards and not too scary...just the kind I like!!! TFS
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  40. Very cute cards showing how the same dies can be used in different ways.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Two beautiful cards and that full moon looks amazing! What a clever way to isolate that fairy shape and use her in a new way!

    ReplyDelete
  42. enjoyed the trick or treat dies and card also your fairy card!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Just lovely...thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Oh, I love how you used Wide Tree for this silhouette card. It's so wonderful and brings a sense of wonder. TFS!

    kReN@http://afourthlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  45. What a great way to use that die in two different ways! Both cards are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Cuteness! Both cards made me smile :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Love, love, love your silhouetted trick or treaters. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Two wonderful cards, both so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  49. The Halloween card is my favorite. Love the essence of night you've created and the over scaled moon.

    ReplyDelete
  50. Both of your cards are so adorable!! I love the designs and the dies you used!!

    ReplyDelete
  51. Beautiful silhouettes and color scheme of the fairy card (and love the names of the ink colors, by the way.)

    ReplyDelete
  52. I love these silhouettes! Great to know that they can be used for more than just Halloween too. I love the cards that you have made and the sentiment on your pretty second card too. Great job! Thanks for sharing.

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete
  53. The Halloween card is wonderful, but I can see using the pixie dust card for some of those "difficult" situations. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  54. WOWOWOW! That stunning Harvest moon is the most PERFECT backdrop for those adorable dies. This card certainly makes my favorites list!!

    ReplyDelete
  55. love the halloween card, just neat looking,

    ReplyDelete
  56. Love the Halloween card and the dies used to make it. Great use of the castle with the pixie.

    ReplyDelete
  57. Gorgeous cards! Love the sponging on the harvest moon & the delicate colors on the 2nd card.

    ReplyDelete
  58. Wonderful cards! I
    love the background
    in the Boo card.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  59. Great use of the dies and I loved the big boo moon card.

    ReplyDelete
  60. Wow, what a fantastic dies and your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  61. Awesome cards! I really love the Trick or Treaters!

    ReplyDelete
  62. OH how I love this card, Ellen!!!! That big ole moon just sets the card off. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  63. I really like ideas. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  64. That pixie is shown just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  65. Love, love, LOVE both cards! These dies are definitely on my wishlist! Hugs, Leanne
    Tobusyscrapping at bellsouth dot net

    ReplyDelete
  66. Such gorgeous cards! I just love the die cut silhouettes!

    ReplyDelete
  67. Both cards are great, but I am really "smitten" with the Halloween one...so darn cute and creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  68. Both of these cards are gorgeous! I especially adore the trick or treaters.

    ReplyDelete
  69. Spooky Halloween card and I like how you cut off the treat bag on the fairy for the second card.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!