Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Thursday, 18 December 2014

Impression Obsession Challenge~Last Minute Holiday Gifts



 Hello Friends!!

 It's time for another Impression Obsession challenge.  This weeks challenge is "Last Minute Holiday Gifts".
 
Play along with us and create something inspired by "Last Minute Holiday Gifts" and you could win a $25 gift certificate to the IO store store, just simply by playing along! Just go to the IO Blog for the details on how to play.  


Check out what the talented IO team have created to inspire you.....
Impression Obsession Blog
Daniela Dobson
Dina Kowal
Ellen Taylor~You are here.
Jeanne Streiff
Jenny Gropp
Karen Amidon
Kittie Caracciolo
Laura Fulcher


 Here is a quick last minute holiday gift idea... 

1~Stamp a pillow box randomly with Crochet Snowflake 2 E13064 in Memento Love Letter ink.

2~Attach red satin ribbon around the pillow box.

3~Die cut one of the snowflakes from the
Snowflake Die Set DIE024-X with Silver Mirror paper.


4~Attach snowflake with Studio G glitter glue and add a rhinestone in the center.

5~Fill with a fabulous christmas surprise!

Here is a quick stocking stuffer.... We all tend to be forgetful at times, so a notebook comes in handy.  I find these little composition books at the dollar store and love to alter them.


  Here is the how to....


1~ Cut front and back covers 4 1/2" x 3 1/4". Round the corners of the right side of front and back covers.

2~ Stamp Notes B9408 and Butterfly Trio E9321
with Stazon Jet Black.

3~Color butterflies with water color Pencils and sponge Memento Angel Pink and Summer Sky randomly around the butterflies, leaving some white spaces.  Cover Butterflies with Judikins Diamond Glaze and sprinkle a smidge of glitter over them and set aside to dry.

4~Using Scor-tape adhere front and back covers to notebook. 

5~ Cut the binding at 1 5/8" x 4 1/2" and score at 5/8" and 1".  Attach to note book with 1/8" Scor-tape.
Easy Peasy, Quick and Easy!!

Last week I was in Florida and just couldn't resist taking a road trip up to meet the fabulous IO's very own fabulous die cutting queen, Kittie Caracciolo.  I was just tickled because she is just as sweet in real life as she is talented!  I wish I had more time so we could have spent some time crafting together. I know she could teach me a thing or two...or 50 new ways to create with die cuts!!  So this is an official invite up to the great white north to play in my studio anytime Kittie!  If you live in a cave and aren't familiar with Kittie's work, you check her blog out Here.

View 2014-12-08 11.49.44_resized.png in slide show
Thanks for stopping by and have a fantastic day!!
Ellen

Snowflake Pillow Box Supplies:
Crochet Snowflake 2 E13064 
Snowflake Die Set DIE024-XCrochet Snowflake 2
Snowflakes Die Set

Ink:Memento Love Letter
Misc: Rhinestone, Studio G Glitter Glue, Satin Ribbon
Note Book Supplies:
Notes B9408
Butterfly Trio E9321
Butterfly Trio
Notes
Ink:Memento Angel Pink, Stazon Jet Black.
Misc: Water Color Pencils, Judikins Diamond Glaze, Glitter.

10 comments:

  1. OMGosh these are fabulous, love the altered notebook. You + Kitty = too much talent in one room, I'll bet you two could reinvent the wheel of designing together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea on the notebook. Can't have enough of them on hand. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of these are such cute ideas. I love the little altered composition book and the pillow box is prefect for small items.

    ReplyDelete
  4. El dahling, You are just too cool for school with these 2 fabulous creations. BTW, I love Holly's comments! She's right! FYI, something is on the way to your address. Unfortunately, one thing didn't arrive in time. Bummer. Love and huge hugs, Over and Out

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea to put the mini books into a pillow box. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ellen, your pillow box is beautiful! Love the crochet snowflake :) I also stopped over at Kittie's blog it had been a while and saw the nice photo of the two of you :) Thanks for your visit to my blog, it was great to 'see' you. I hope you are doing well. Seasons Greetings, Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful ideas...especially for last minute people like me! Hope you have a fabulous Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!