Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Thursday, 1 January 2015

Impression Obsession Challenge~Winter Chill Shaker Card


 Hello Friends!!
  Happy New Year to you and yours!  Let's  start the new year off right with an Impression Obsession challenge.  This weeks challenge is "Winter Chill".
 
Play along with us and create something inspired by "Winter Chill" and you could win a $25 gift certificate to the IO store store, just simply by playing along! Just go to the IO Blog for the details on how to play.  


Check out what the talented IO team have created to inspire you.....

Impression Obsession Blog
Daniela Dobson
Dina Kowal
Ellen Taylor~You are here.
Jeanne Streiff
Jenny Gropp
Karen Amidon
Kittie Caracciolo
Laura Fulcher
Vicki Garrett 


 My card is a pretty quick and easy shaker card.  Before I discovered the IO Shaker Pouches and Shaker Overlays it would take me forever to make a shaker card. Not anymore!! I love products that make things simple!! 

 1~Stamp Spooky Trees H7759 (not just for Halloween!) with Versamark on white card stock.  Add a bit of Iridescent Microfine Glitter to white embossing powder and emboss the trees.
 
 2~ Sponge Memento Summer Sky ink over the trees and wipe the excess ink of of the trees to expose the white trees again.

3~ Add some Iridescent Microfine Glitter to the
Lg Rectangle Shaker Pouch SHP08 and peel the backing off to expose the edges of adhesive on the Shaker Pouch.  Attach Pouch to the image.


4~Sponge Memento Summer Sky around the edges of the Lg Rectangle Shaker Overlay SHC08.

5~Create a tag with Mini Rectangle Tags 2 Die Set DIE014-J and stamp Thanks A9061 with Memento Nautical Blue and sponge the edges with Summer Sky.

6~Wrap Silver Elastic String around the left side of the Overlay and attach tag.
 
7~Adhere Overlay over the Shaker Pouch and adhere to a 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" card base.

Thanks for stopping by and have a fabulous day!!
Ellen

Supplies:
Impression Obsession Products :
Spooky Trees H7759 
Thanks A9061 
Mini Rectangle Tags 2 Die Set DIE014-J 
Lg Rectangle Shaker Overlay SHC08 
Lg Rectangle Shaker Pouch SHP08 


Ink:Memento Summer Sky, Nautical Blue.

Misc: Versamark, White Embossing Powder, Iridescent Micro Fine Glitter, Sponge, Silver Embossing Powder, Silver Elastic String.

16 comments:

  1. This is stunning! I love your use of the spooky trees stamp. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Ellen. Happy New Year, wishing you all the best for 2015. Hugs, Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's very beautiful Ellen and The Best Wishes for 2015
    Gr Karin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who knew that "spooky"could be so breath takingly beautiful! Love that this is also a shaker card. The iridescent micro fine glitter really brings your scene to life! Happy new year, Ellen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. a winter chill of shaker snow. clever. can see it falling now. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great shaker card Ellen. You can really feel the chill just looking at it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. El dahling, this is gorgeous! I can't understand your very simple directions, unfortunately. That's why you're on the DT and I'm not. I suspect IO sales always increase after you've released a card. Happy New Year to you, too.
    Love and Hugs, over and out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the use of the shaker card for this theme. Thanks for sharing your creativity with us. Josie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful card. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow...love the frosty gorgeous look to this beauty! Not sure you can top 2014 but here's hoping :) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful shaker card! Love the sparkle and your winter scene. With so many shaker cards showing up in blogland I am surprised to see that no one seems to know about the IO shaker pouches?! I have tried to make Jeanne aware of this through FB but I am not sure if she passes the info on to Mitra or not. I am afraid they are going to go out of 'fashion' again before IO decides to start advertising there product. Anyway, I am rambling now. Happy New Year! Thanks for sharing.

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful card to start off the new year. Love the image and your shaker card. Happy 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  13. thank you for your compliment on my blog on the snowman. I enjoyed making it. everyone is so busy , I appreciate your thoughtfulness.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have really captured the essance of frosty cold and beauty.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!