Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Thursday, 19 March 2015

Impression Obsession Challenge~Happy Flowers

Hello Friends!!

 It's time for another Impression Obsession challenge.  This weeks challenge is "Happy Flowers".
 
Play along with us and create something inspired by "Happy Flowers" and you could win a $25 gift certificate to the IO store store, just simply by playing along! Just go to the IO Blog for the details on how to play.  


Check out what the talented IO team have created to inspire you......

   IO Blog                                 

My card is a center step card.  You can find a link to a tutorial...... Here.

Today's card features a couple of new images released at CHA in January. Since pink poppies always make me happy when they start blooming in my yard, I stamped Poppies Alone J17028 twice with Memento Tuxedo Black, colored them with Copic Markers and did a little fussy cutting.  I added dimension to the top layer of flower petals and leaves with a stylus and popped up the top layer of petals.


  The sentiment, Happy Soul C9625 was embossed with Versafine Onyx Black ink and clear embossing powder. The sides were simply embellished with Border Duo 3 DIE019-V.  I colored one of the butterflies from the Medium Butterflies DIE255-Y with Copic Markers. I added some pink satin ribbon, pearls and finished it off with a wee bit of shimmer with a Wink of Stella Shimmer pen on the flowers, borders and butterfly.

 Thanks for stopping by and have a fantastic day!!

Ellen

Impression Obsession Products Used~
Stamps:
Poppies Alone J17028
 Poppies Alone
Happy Soul C9625
 Happy Soul

Dies:
Border Duo 3 DIE019-V
 Border Duo 3 Die Set
Medium Butterflies DIE255-Y
Medium Butterflies
Other Products Used~
Copic Markers:R81-83-85, G21-24-28, Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Onyx Black, Zig Wink of Stella Shimmer, Satin Ribbon, Pearls, Pop Dots.

8 comments:

  1. Sweet card with a nice touch of sparkle.. the poppies are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so beautiful and what a fabulous design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so beautiful and gorgeous flower Ellen
    Gr Karin

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your soft colors, for the Happy Flowers, and pop with the step card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is beautiful! Love the colors and the dimension of the petals.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just have to take a moment to comment as this is such an extraordinary gorgeous card! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. El dahling, this is superb! Gorgeous coloring and adding wink of stella was the perfect embellishment to your already wonderful card. So pretty and so you. Hugs, Over and Out

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful lay out and design Ellen. The poppy image is fabulous. I hope you are doing well, Hugs, Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!