Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Thursday, 2 April 2015

Impression Obsession Challenge~YOU DID IT!!!


Hello Friends!!

 It's time for another Impression Obsession challenge.  This weeks challenge is "YOU DID IT!!!".
 
Play along with us and create something inspired by "YOU DID IT!!!" and you could win a $25 gift certificate to the IO store store, just simply by playing along! Just go to the IO Blog for the details on how to play.  


Check out what the talented IO team have created to inspire you......
    IO Blog                                 
Anna Wight
Daniela Dobson
Dina Kowal
Ellen Taylor ~That's Me
Jeanne Streiff
Jenny Gropp
Karen Amidon
Kittie Caracciolo
Laura Fulcher
Vicki Garrett

 Today's card has lots of shimmer and texture.  However I just couldn't capture it in the above photo with my camera.

I did a little dry and layered Flags Die Set DIE015-F and  Border Duo 2 Die Set DIE018-V.
The larger circle I used is from the Snow Globe DIE122-R.   This gorgeous Zinnia E16055 was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored with Copic Markers.  Using a stylis, I dotted with some acrylic white paint to the flower center. The sentiment is from the More Basic Greetings CL549 , one butterfly from the Medium Butterflies DIE255-Y as well as some ribbon and a rhinestone.  



To add the shimmer to the plain white card stock, I added a few small drops of Tsukineko All Purpose Ink: Frost 72 with some Rubbing Alcohol in a small spray bottle.and sprayed the whole card with it,  except the image and sentiment and ribbon. 

 Thanks for stopping by and have a fantastic day!
Ellen

Impression Obsession products Used~
 Flags Die Set DIE015-F
Flags Die Set
Border Duo 2 Die Set DIE018-V
Border Duo 2 Die Set DIE018-V
 Border Duo 2 Die Set
Snow Globe DIE122-R
 
Zinnia E16055
 Zinnia
More Basic Greetings CL549 
Medium Butterflies DIE255-Y
 Medium Butterflies More Basic Greetings

Snow GlobeOther Products Used~
Copic Markers: Stem: YG25-67; Center:E35-23; Petals: B41-23-26
Sizzix & Cuttlebug Embossing Folders, Pop Dots, Circle Punch, Ribbon, Rhinestone, Tsukineko All Purpose Ink Frost 72, Memento Tuxedo Black Ink, Versafine Onyx Black Ink, Rubbing Alcohol

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful and elegant card

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, girl! This is stunning! I hear you on the photography thing, but I think you've shown the sparkle beautifully! Happy Easter to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty. Just love the white and blue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like wow, El dahling. Beautiful in white with the image and EF's. I can see the sheen. Over and out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks amazing. Love how you colored the flower and how it just pops off the white background.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous flower and design Ellen. Happy Easter, Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!