Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Thursday, 23 April 2015

Impression Obsession DT Thursday~Butterfly Fantasy

 
Hello Friends!

It's my turn to share for DT Thursday on the Impression Obsession Blog.

I fell in love with this Open Scroll Butterfly DIE253-U , it's just so darn pretty!!  

To create the gorgeous glimmer on the butterfly, I used Art Glitter Fantasy Film -Krista's Eyes.
It's really neat stuff!  It catches the light and shows a variety of colors against different papers and lighting.  It definitely shows off the beautiful scroll work in this  Open Scroll Butterfly!  Here is how I created it....

~ Die cut Open Scroll Butterfly DIE253-U in black card stock.


 ~ Cut a piece of Fantasy film a little larger than your butterfly.

~Roll the Fantasy Film into a ball and flatten it out. Do this 3 or 4 times
 until it has enough crinkle in it.

 





~ Adhere the body of the Open Scroll Butterfly
to the Fantasy Film, leaving the flourishes and antennae free. 



 ~ Trim around the edges.



~Add a rhinestone and adhere it to your card.



 This is definitely my new favourite butterfly die!


 I stamped a sentiment from the Maya CL577 set with Versafine Onyx Black directly onto the ribbon.   This is definitely my new favourite butterfly die!

Thanks for stopping by and have a fabulous day!

Ellen
  Maya CL577
Maya - TEMPORARILY OUT OF STOCK
 Open Scroll Butterfly DIE253-U

Open Scroll Butterfly
Other Supplies~ Art Glitter Fantasy Film (Krista's Eyes), WRMemory Corner Chomper, Circle Punches, White Satin Ribbon. Rhinestones, Sizzix Embossing Folder, Glue Pen

11 comments:

  1. wow, your butterfly is so beautiful and the fantasy film looks like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Ellen, thank you for sharing the process.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! The fantasy film adds such beautiful sparkle and shine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. o thats fab Ellen gorgeous card and butterfly
    Gr Karin

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGosh, Ellen, what a great tutorial and what a really stunning card! I love the butterfly and the elegant BG you gave it too! They are out of that great clear set, but it will be back!! ;-) How has your back been? What a rough period and you still kept up with all of it too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my!!! How shiny and beautiful. I've never heard of that film before but it gives that gorgeous butterfly and very pretty loo. Beautiful card too!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. El dahling, let's talk gorgeous on this one! Holy smokes, that fantasy film adds such perfect dimension and definition to that BF die. What an incredible creation this is. Over and out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, great way to Glam it up even more!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Восхитительная хрустальная бабочка!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous design and fantastic tutorial Ellen. Wow that butterfly is stunning ! I hope you are doing well, hugs, Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty and I love how you made the butterfly.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!