Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Thursday, 2 July 2015

Impression Obsession Challenge~Christmas In July

Hello Friends!

It's Thursday and that means it's time for another Impression Obsession challenge!!  This weeks challenge is "Christmas in July". 

Play along with us and create something inspired by "Christmas" and you could win a $25 gift certificate to the IO store store, just simply by playing along! Just go to the IO Blog for the details on how to play.

Check out what my talented teammates have created to inspire you.....

    IO Blog                                   

 Anna Wight
 Daniela Dobson   
  Dina Kowal 
 Ellen Taylor ~That's Me 
 Jeanne Streiff 
 Jenny Gropp 
 Karen Amidon 
 Laura Fulcher
 Vicki Garrett
Kittie Caracciolo

I love Christmas, its my favorite holiday! Making Christmas cards always puts me in a good mood!  I chose to go vintage Christmas.  

The background was stamped with Cover-a-Card Music CC029 in Versafine Vintage Sepia and embossed with clear embossing powder.  A little framing of faux stitching and sponged the edges with Memento Rich Cocoa. Pine Branch DIE021-N was die cut twice and sponged with Memento Northern Pine and adhered to the Music. 

Ornament Chickadee F7023 was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black Twice.  The image was colored with Copic Markers (listed below) and the second bird cut out and popped up for added dimension.  

I used two of the frames in the All- In-One-Frames -Ovals DIE292-WW to frame the image and sponged the edges with Memento Rich Cocoa.   

I stamped one of the sentiments from the Life Stuff CL491 with Versafine Vintage Sepia and clear embossed it.  It was  die cut with Banners & Tails DIE123-P and the edges sponged with Antique Linen Distress Ink. 

I hope you get a chance to play along!  Thanks for stopping by and have a fantastic day!!
Ellen 

Impression Obsession Products Used~
 Stamps & Dies:
All- In-One-Frames -Ovals DIE292-WW 

Life Stuff CL491 

Pine Branch DIE021-N

Banners & Tails DIE123-P

Ornament Chickadee F7023


Cover-a-Card Music CC029

 All-in-One Frames - Ovals

 Banners & Tails
Life Stuff Sentiments
 Pine Branch Die - TEMPORARILY OUT OF STOCK
 Cover-a-Card Music
Other Products Used~

Ink~Copic Markers:E000, E31, W2, R24, R27, R29, R39, G28, B0000; Memento: Rich Cocoa, Tuxedo Black, Northern Pine; Distress Antique Linen; Versafine Vintage Sepia.

Misc~Clear Embossing Powder, Piercing Tool, Pop Dots, Judikin's Diamond Glaze, Sponge, Pearls, Lace and Velvet Ribbon.



































































































8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous design Ellen, love the combo of the image and die cuts. I hope you are doing well and enjoyed Canada Day. Hugs, Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Love the way you framed out the bird. Sensational!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you just love these all in one frames? so much: so gorgeous, so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, Ellen! Are you going fishing this year? We leave for Newmart on Saturday. I can't wait to get out on that lake!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, this is absolutely stunning. Your bird looks so life like! Love this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful crad, love the colors!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!