Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Thursday, 3 December 2015

IO Challenge~ Quick Holiday Gifts

 

Hello Friends!

It's Thursday and that means it's time for another Impression Obsession challenge!!  This weeks challenge is "Quick Holiday Gifts"! 

Play along with us and create something inspired by "Quick Holiday Gifts" and you could win a $25 gift certificate to the IO store store, just simply by playing along! Just go to the IO Blog for the details on how to play.


Check out what my talented teammates have created to inspire you.....


   IO Blog                                   

 Anna Wight
 Daniela Dobson   
  Dina Kowal 
Ellen Taylor ~That's Me 
  Jeanne Streiff 
  Jenny Gropp 
  Karen Amidon 
  Laura Fulcher
  Vicki Garrett
 Kittie Caracciolo

  Homemade Gifts are my favorite to give and to receive!  These tile coasters are under 5 dollars to make a set of four and it just doesn't get any easier than this to make a quick Christmas gift!

Step 1~  Ink  Cover-A-Card Chicken Wire CC155 with Stazon Jet Black. I like to leave some areas of the background lighter or even without ink for a more random or worn look.


Step 2~Stamp it off on scrap paper after inking. This gives you a lighter shade of black. 


Step 3~ Ink a 4" x 4" tile face down on the Cover-A-Card Chicken Wire CC155.  I found my tiles at the local carpet and tile store. Yup...super cheap!


Step 4~ Ink Hang In There F8726 (hands down, my all time favorite stamp!)with Jet Black Stazon and stamp over the Cover-A-Card Chicken Wire CC155.


Step 5~ Place your coasters on a cookie sheet.


Step 6~ Preheat to 350 degrees. Put cookie sheet with coasters in the oven and bake for 30 minutes and turn the oven off.  I let the coasters cool down in the oven with the oven.  


Step 7~ Once the tiles are cool, adhere felt, cork or rubber pads to the corners on the bottom of the coasters. I buy  mine at the dollar store but you can by them at the hardware store too. (Sorry no photo).

Step 8~ Tie them up with some ribbon and gift away!!

 
 
Supplies~
Cover-A-Card Chicken Wire CC155
Chicken Wire
Hang In There F8726
Hang in There
Stazon Jet Black Ink, Tile Coasters, Felt pads, Oven.

Thanks for stopping by and have a fabulous day!
Ellen

26 comments:

  1. Very smart! Thanks for the direrections of a clever gift that I can make!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SUPER IDEA!!! I had NO IDEA you just needed to bake, to make the ink stay! LOL LOOOVE the images you've used too! Do you know WHO will receive these SWEET little tiles yet? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummm... This is a great idea Ellen, but your IO team mates are showcasing Valentine's stuff, with the challenge being "love you more".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Ellen, I found some tiles at Rona used various stamps with staz on and voila present complete. These are great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these! Such a great gift idea. Didn't know you were supposed to bake them - thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely brilliant! Love this and so useful! I wonder if I can transfer pics of my pups and make personalized coasters this way? TFS and inspiring! Hugs, Kristina (kristina@craftypaws.us)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea! I didn't know it was that easy to make coasters! I'm off to the tile store...

    ReplyDelete
  8. The chicken wire makes a great background for the birds. This is a wonderful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The chicken wire makes a great background for the birds. This is a wonderful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow great gift idea! Love the both stamp sets :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love making coasters! Your idea is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your coasters are wonderful. I haven't made any in a while. You have inspired me to get busy and make some. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun design with the chicken wire and bird stamps! Anyone would get a kick out of these!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful gift. I love the design you choose. Thanks for all the tips.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great gift idea! Thank you for showing us the entire process. I actually don't have the hang in there stamp but love it. :) Thanks for sharing.

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the coasters. I want to try this! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Really like the coasters. Thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very neat,,Great gifts...

    ReplyDelete
  19. A fun way to stamp your coasters, great achievement! Thanks for showing the steps!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Those are too cute! I wouldn't've thought to bake to make it more permanent. Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  21. El dahling, these coasters look outstanding. BUT, I'd have to use an oven? I don't even know how to turn them on. Over and out,

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very unique project! This is really cool!
    Take care!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fun idea. It is also a gift you could personalize.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such a great gift idea! A fun way to stamp your coasters. Thanks for inspiring!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!